Friday, January 11, 2013

Aaron Tippin at Dosey Doe's

Ok, tonight I went on an incredible date! Ok, I know!!! I know! I already got to go on one date this week! (remember me talking about the lunch date yesterday?!) Well, we went on ANOTHER date tonight to a place called Dosey Doe's here in Houston. It's such a COOL place! Great accustics and very neat atmosphere. It's a 160 year old Kentucky tobacco barn that was moved piece by piece and reassembled to make this dinner and a show venue. Incredible!

When you first get to Dosey Doe's you get seated and order your entree and delicious dessert picks. It's family style seating so you get to know your neighbors. We sat across from Suzanne and Don who go to D.D.'s several times a year. They were fun to talk with as we waiting for our food. I had the pork tenderloin and sweet hubby had the catfish with crawdads. Both dishes had great presentations and were delicious!

Then around 8:30pm the lights were flickered on and off and the owner of the joint introduced the band onto stage and Aaron started singing. I can't even remember what he sang first but the set included Blue Angel, Big Boy Toys, That's As Close As I'll get to Loving You, There Ain't Nothin' Wrong with the Radio, Kiss This(was the song he closed with), He Believed(LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS SONG!), Workin Man's PhD, and You've Got To Stand For Something. I think that's all the songs. IT WAS WONDERFUL! I loved hearing a bunch of the stories behind the songs and made them that more meaningful. I also loved hearing how he and his band go and sing to the troops and even when over Christmas this year went to Germany for the troops.

Then after the concert, they had where you could buy Cds and stuff AND get to meet Aaron Tippin and have a picture with him! I don't know why in my head I thought I could be normal and talk like a normal person and then as we stood next to the star to get our photo, I started giggling like a school girl and my face felt like it was on fire. Then I think I spurted out something like, "Oh, this is so cool!!!" which the picture was snapped. And everyone started laughing. So Aaron Tippin said, "Oh, I gotta give you a hug." Or something like that. AND Aaron Tippin gave me a hug. LOL! Then my awesome husband so protective of me said to be careful because I have a couple broken ribs. :) (which I completely forgot about) And Mr. Tippin asked how that happened. So I said, "Oh I'd like to say it's because of wrestling a bull or a bar fight but I felt hanging some decorations." ha! My hot man said about the bar fighting idea, "Oh, you should see the other guy." And everyone started laughing again as the line moved up and the next group of people got to get there picture made and we headed out the door.

So without further adieu, here's the pictures from the night...



Our sweet babysitter took our picture before going out...

HUH?! Is that Aaron Tippin just 3 feet from us?

Why yes! See how close I was to the stage... that's my boot.on.the.stage!

Waiting in line for an autograph and photo with Aaron Tippin...

Me squealy and giggly and all dorky with my handsome man and the famous singer... PS He gave me a hug after this photo!!!

The windmill in front of Dosey Doe's...

The tour bus...


No comments: