Thursday, February 14, 2013

Up Late....

Last night, I decided to make a quick run to the grocery store after the kids went to bed. I wasn't there too long considering all the groceries I got, but ended up perusing the discount book bin and found "You Can Run but You Can't Hide" for $5. I bought it. Yes, I bought a book by and about Dog. You know... Dog the Bounty Hunter. I know. It was a weird moment and I giggle to myself that I was picking up a book about a bounty hunter sporting a mullet. Ugh, a mullet.(I'm just not a fan.) But I am a fan of the show so why not?!

So I stayed up literally until 3am and got halfway through the book. Whewwww. He sure is honest and open and has "colorful" language. What a crazy life this guy has had with the choices he's made. I really like though that he seems to always run back to God and wants to give the Lord glory the way he knows how. It's so easy for me to be judgemental. I think it's one of my favorite sins which isn't cool. And reading this book has made me realize how judgemental I can be. I mean I know I'm judgemental at times but last night I feel like I had a spotlight on this particular sin of mine. OUCH. One more thing to ask God for forgiveness about!

I've had a thing in the past about finding books to challenge me spiritually at the Kroger book bargain bin. Who knew this one would be no different! LOL

No comments: