Monday, February 18, 2013

Comfort

I just read this I can't remember where... "Comfort is the killer of the will." This has happened many times in my life. I get comfortable eating unhealthy foods. I get comfortable (and lazy) and don't get gussied up for my man. I get comfortable and start to drift from God. I have clean water, flush potties, and so much more but get consumed by easy daily life and forget who it is that fills my cup every morning. My quiet time suffers. Then my attitude gets sour. Then everyone around me is like, "Um, what's with Mrs. Cranky Bags."

Recently, at Bible study, the video leader talked about how when we go looking for our souls to be filled we can become very disappointed in our lives. Jesus is the only One that can fill our souls. It cracked me up when the speaker said that if we hold out our cups to be filled by our spouses, or our children, or material things, then the most they can do is spit in your cup. eew. Then the speaker lifted a pitcher of water and filled the cup to overflowing. Everyone was laughing as she sloshed it around the stage. What a great visual. When we spend time in God's presence, our cups are filled. We start sharing His love and our peace with others. We are enabled to love others. Sometimes this isn't comfortable but it's sooo worth it!

No comments: