Monday, June 18, 2012

Mommy Tips Monday

Great mommy tip coming from my very own mommy - Dixie. Not only does she have a degree in chemistry but a PhD in Motherhood! LOL She's been a mom to me and my 2 sisters for 38+ years.


So Dixie's Mommy Tip for today is having a secret signal with your kids. Ours was to tug on our ears. It could be pretty much anything like scratching your head, talking about the weather, etc. So if someone asked us to spend the night but we didn't want to hurt their feelings, we would tug on our ears and our parents would get us out of the deal. That's just one example. I don't remember what other things they would get us out of. It was mainly just used when we felt uncomfortable with a situation or didn't feel like we could verbalize our feelings at that moment.


Do you have a Mommy Tips Monday post you’d like to submit and promote your blog? Please email me at MageeMommy at gmail dot com.

No comments: