Saturday, September 21, 2013

ALDI Score!

I do my major grocery shopping every two weeks.  I have a word file of the items I need to purchase on a regular basis and then add on items for my 2 weeks worth of dinner meal plans.  So this past Thursday I headed to Aldi(my fav) for the big shopping trip and got all this....

And how much did it cost?  $185.  Included a bag of frozen chicken and a bag of family sized frozen tilapia.  And all this stuff...(this is my two week list)

BREAKFAST
(didn't need this time - 2 boxes - Jiffy Mix; 3 boxes of cereal)
2 dozen – Eggs
2 packs – Bacon
3 packs – frozen sausage
2 loaves – bread
24pc – fruit
3 gallons – milk

Lunch
24pc – fruit
Already buying bread
1 pack – fajita wraps
2 packs – lunch meat
5 bags – chips
3 bags – pretzels
1 jar – salsa
1 bag – cheese sticks
2 bag – carrots
1 bag  - celery
1 – cauliflower
1 – broccoli
1 - lettuce
 

SNACKS
3 jars – pickles
1 sm jars – olives
1 can – black olives
1 can – peanuts
1 can – mixed nuts or almonds
3 – packs raisens
8 – yogurts
Cheese(3 blocks of cheese)

(didn't need this time - popcorn)

 
OTHER SUPPLIES

4 packs Papertowels
Napkins
Toilet paper(didn't need to buy this time)
Paper plates (72+ every 2 weeks) this time bought 3 packs
1 box – Ziploc sandwich bags
1 box – Ziploc gallon bags
Garbage bags
(didn't need this time - Clorox wipes, Dishwashing liquid, Cascade, Swiffers, cooking oil)
4 cans premade – Koolaid

Also purchased for dinners etc
box 2 bags chocolate chips, fish, chicken, artichoke salad, bag of potatoes, and more!

So besides going to the store for laundry detergent soon and diapers/milk I think we're set for 2 weeks!  wahooooo!  Feeding 5 for $185 for the basics for 2 weeks.  Not bad. :)

No comments: