Monday, May 14, 2012

Mommy Tips Monday

Today's Mommy Tips Monday post was written while I was 7 or 8 months pregnant with MageePrincess and just worn out! I’m glad to be reading it again reminding myself that it’s alright to take breaks and ask for help. 

If you would like to contribute a guest post to TheSmellyArmpit please email me at MageeMommy at gmail dot com. THANKS!


Today's Mommy Tip Monday is all about when to say when.

When to look in the mirror and say to yourself, "I need help." It's so hard to do when we are constantly being told by the media we need this product to look better, feel better, be better. Or we need to accomplish this or that to have worth. So not true people! Our worth isn't from what we do, or how we look, or what we can check off a list. Our worth comes from God and how He loves us no matter what. WOW! No matter what!!!

So what does this have to do with a mop? When I initially posted this tip I was 3000 months pregnant right now.(ok at least that's what it feels like) My husband had been telling me for about 1.5 months that I could use help around the house. But I allowed this to make me feel like I was worthless. He wasn't saying this in any demeaning way just wanted to get me help since I was at the point that I couldn’t remember what my feet looked like hidden beneath my belly! So for about 1.5 months I put off asking anyone for help. I didn't want to let our family down but not doing things myself. I mean I am the general manager of this place! I should be able to take care of it all!

Yep, that's the craziness that was going on in my head as one day I mopped my kitchen while sitting in a chair. LOL How ridiculous. So finally I broke down and asked a friend for help. It was so hard for me to get past my pride and acknowledge that I can't take care of it all right now. I need help. And you know what? I wish I would have asked for help sooner! I'm so thankful for this friend helping me! I almost cried as she left it meant so much to me(thank you if you're reading!!!) So my Mommy Tip is it's OK and even GOOD when you need to stop and ask for help. There's nothing wrong with asking for help!!! Stop beating yourself up and start asking for help. And when another friend needs help down the road, you can "pass it on" and help them. :)

No comments: