Thursday, February 20, 2014

Birthday Surprise!

Ok, I've still got a lot of spring in my step but yesterday, on my 38th birthday, I learned a thing or two about getting old and beauty treatments. 

I got a pedicure.  It was bliss as always!  Bless the woman not afraid to touch my feet. (seriously, I hope she wins the lotto)  So afterwards, I think, hmmm how about an eyebrow wax. 

"Yea.  Eyebrow?  ahemm."  That was what was suggested to me the first time I got an eyebrow wax about 12-13 years ago.  Without me asking about it, the lady giving me a manicure suggested in her broken English, "Yea.  Eyebrow?  ahemm."  As for a person being clueless in the art of beauty treatments, I didn't take it as a putddown but more of an educational opportunity for me. 

So yesterday, when I asked about getting my eyebrows waxed and asked about lip waxing, I got the reply, "OH YES, lip wax.  We do lip wax!"  She seemed so emphatic about it that I took it as another "educational" experience and will be getting lip waxes from now on.  I'm thinking I probably should have started this 3 or 4 years ago with the amount of time plucking in the upper lip region increasing exponentially lately!  "OH YES, lip wax!"

No comments: