Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Have You Heard of Pearl Brown?

Have you heard of this little tiny wonder of a baby beating the odds? I just learned of Pearl Joy Brown(http://pearljoybrown.wordpress.com/) from a video uploaded to GodTube and then went to the family's website for their little one. Whew. My faith is so small. Sometimes I wonder where is God, is God real? I wonder this even after all He's done for me. These sweet parents and siblings are in a day to day and moment to moment battle with Satan and death over this little sweet baby. They have to fight for their faith in a tug of war of happy, peaceful moments to moments of rushing to the ER with the possibility of it being time for their little girl's last breath.

Directly after visiting the website I checked my daily devotional email and this was the first verse...

Psalm 3:5-8
5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
6 in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make your paths straight.[a]
7 Do not be wise in your own eyes;
fear the Lord and shun evil.
8 This will bring health to your body
and nourishment to your bones.

[a.]Proverbs 3:6 Or will direct your paths


It's annoying that my faith wanes so frequently. God speaks directly to my heart in very intimate ways. He knows me more than anyone else ever will. He loves me more than anyone ever could. Still, I question Him, doubt Him, don't obey Him. His mercy is boundless and His forgiveness is as far as the east is from the west. I'm so thankful for Jesus. I'm thankful for the horrible things my marriage went through so I can go back now and look at the "pillars set up" to remind me of what He had done in my life and heart at that time and the answered prayers that whisper, "Yes, I am here. Yes, I am real. Yes, I love you with an everlasting love." And I'm so thankful for Pearl Brown and her family that teach me and remind me to Trust in the Lord with all my heart and lean not on my own understanding.

No comments: